Friday

Pledge of allegiance to "The First Khalifah"

The Sahabah RA pledge their allegiance to Sayyidina Abu Bakr RA in the Orchard of Banu Saadah.

Imam Zuhri narrates from Anas RA that the day after the Sahabah RA had pledged their allegiance to Sayyidina Abu Bakr RA in the orchard, Sayyidina Abu Bakr RA sat on the pulpit (in the Masjid) as Sayyidina Umar RA stood by. Speaking before Sayyidina Abu Bakar RA, Sayyidina Umar RA duly praised Allah SWT and then said, "0 peoplel What I told you yesterday (that Rasulullah SAW had not passed away) was incorrect. Neither have I found this in the Book of Allah nor has Rasulullaah RA instructed me to say it.

However, I always thought that Rasulullah SAW would be the last of us (and found it difficult to accept that he had left the world before us). Nevertheless, Allah SWT has left with you His Book by which he guided Rasulullah SAW, If you hold fast to it, Allah shall guide you to that which He has guided Rasulullah. Allah swt has also united you under the leadership of the best amongst you, namely the close companion of Rasulullah SAW who was 'the second of the two when they were in the cave'. So stand up and pledge your allegiance to Sayyidina Abu BaKr RA 
Saqifah bani Sa'idat سقيفة بني ساعدة‎ Madinah Al Munawwarah
View of Bani Saadah (now) located at the fringe of Masjid Nabawi.
 The general public then pledged their allegiance to Sayyidina Abu Bakr RA. after some had already pledged their allegiance in the orchard. Sayyidina Abu Bakr RA then addressed the people. After duly praising Allah SWT , He said, "0 people! Although I have been appointed as your leader, I am by no means the best of you (2). Should I do what is right, do assist me and should I do wrong, do correct me. To be truthful is a great trust while lying is a terrible misappropriation of trust. The weak amongst you are powerful in my eyes and I shall see that I remove the causes for his complaint. On the other hand, the powerful ones amongst you are weak in my eyes and I shall endeavour to take from them the dues (they owe to others), Inshaa Allah. 

Whenever a nation forsakes Jihad, Allah swt humiliates them and whenever immoral behaviour becomes widespread amongst them, Allaah surrounds them with calamities. Obey me as long as I obey Allah and His Rasul SAW . However, should I ever disobey Allah SWT and His Rasul ,you are not obliged to obey me at all. You may now stand up for your salah. May Allah shower His mercies on you all." (I)